Thursday, March 02, 2006

"May You Savor Each Word Like a Raspberry"

I've been listening to the music of Judee Sill for the past couple weeks. I was listening to a song by the Hollies on the Elizabethtown Soundtrack, and later found out that it was originally a Judee Sill song. Her story is very interesting, I love the sound of her voice, her music is unique, and her lyrics are thoughtful. She released only a few albums; the first one in 1971. She died at age 35 in '79.


Go to the Judee Sill Main Page to read about different accounts of her life. There is also a sweet site with free MP3's of some demos and unreleased concert recordings. Cool. My favorite song is Lady-O. I like the story she shares on how this song came to be. I also like Crayon Angels (you can hear it at Myspace...see below).


UPDATE:

So, I just found out like two minutes ago that someone set up a Myspace account for Judee. It has some cool pictures and you can listen to her music. Check it out here.

No comments: