Thursday, March 02, 2006

Meijer

You know those Meijer commercials with the slogan "Lower prices, Higher standards" ......well, it should be, "Same prices, Lower standards." Seriously, they rarely have decent produce and cannot compete with the local food markets. The carrots are usually bendy, the cauliflower starts going brown the first day you buy it, and I end up throwing away half of my head of lettuce.

For a change, yesterday I went to my favorite health food/vitamin store (Foods For Living), and bought my supplies for salads. It was all organic and it was the freshest produce I've eaten in a LONG time. The cauliflower is amazing! The carrots are crunchy and full of flavor. I've always liked broccoli, but this was the first time that I loved it! It tastes like I just picked it straight off the plant in my backyard (if I had a broccoli plant in my backyard).

No comments: