Friday, December 23, 2005

A blonde moment and crazy holiday shoppers!

Let's see, I have so much to talk about and I don't even know where to start. I'll start with a very "blonde moment" by me this week. So I was in Best Buy shopping for my friend Michelle earlier this week. I had already picked out a couple movies for her and then I was on the phone with my other friend Katie while I was trying to pick out an Xbox game for Michelle. I picked up this one game and held onto it for awhile, then I called Nathan to have him look up video game reviews for me online. I decided I didn't want to get the 1st game I picked out and ended up buying Spiderman 2 instead. So, when I got home, I was showing Nathan all of the gifts I purchased that day and when I got to the Best Buy bag, I was surprised to find that I had bought both Xbox games! How stupid! I remember thinking to myself that the total seemed high when the lady rang up my total. I mean, I must have just totally been out of my mind to not even know that I bought something until I got home!

Anyway, I did most of my shopping earlier in the week and had to do a few last minute things yesterday and today. You must beware of some holiday shoppers; all common courtesy rules must not apply to Christmas time. I was in Michaels yesterday and it wasn't even busy in the store, but I had a struggle getting to the checkout lane because there were two people with carts blocking the way while they were looking in the bargain bins in the front of the store. So, I kindly said excuse me and they let me pass (one of them was a man). Then just as I am two steps from the open register, the man I had just passed shoves his cart in front of me and holds up his finger to say, "This will just take a second." He immediately pulls out this bag with previously purchased items and is asking the register lady all off these questions about return policies and such. It took him like three minutes, which I can deal with, but it just boggles my mind how he couldn't just get in line like a normal person and had to shove his cart in front of me! There were several other incidents of stuff like this that I won't bore you with, and I'm sure you've experienced similar things.

I had dinner with Katie and Michelle on Wednesday at BW3's. We opened presents and ate dinner and it was fun per usual. They bought me a bunch of camping stuff and I can't wait to go camping this summer! I felt funny opening a pruning double cut saw with scabbard in the middle of the bar, like I was breaking the law or something.

I'm excited for the next week. Me and Nathan are going home tomorrow night to spend Christmas Eve with his family. Then spending Christmas morning and afternoon with my family.

I bought my mom a fondue maker for Christmas, and she already knows that she is getting it. We'll be using it Christmas morning.

And now a quote from How to Shit in the Woods (one of Katie's gifts to me):

"In days of old
When knights were bold
And toilets weren't invented,
They left their load
Along the road
And walked off so contented."
-A childhood ditty; author unknown
Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: