Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Hand and Foot

So, since I started this blog, which was only a few days ago, I've realized how boring my life is right now. I'm only speaking in an eventful sense, I usually only do things with others on the weekend, and the week is filled with studying for my classes, working on my research, watching TV, hanging out with Nathan, and playing with my kitties. In other words, though my life is exciting to me, it's probably not very interesting to others most of the time. I have to say, that the highlight of my day is when Nathan comes home. One, because I love seeing him since he's gone most of the day, and two, because the only other human contact I have is during my 50 minute class everyday.

Those who know me, know that I'm somewhat of a home-body. I don't mind staying inside and playing games and surfing the web and watching TV. That's where my friends have helped me over the years, getting me to go outside and play in the snow when we lived in the dorms, or getting me to go camping several times over the summer. These are usually never ideas of my own, but I'm so happy that they have these awesome ideas! I love partaking in these events. Nathan helps me too, by suggesting we invite so-and-so up for the night, or go hang out at so-and-so's house.

Anyway, I'm excited for this weekend, Nate's parents are meeting us and Lindsay at Stout's Irish Pub in Brighton on Friday for his birthday. This place has the best French onion soup around, they also make good margaritas and have a wide variety of beers. On Sunday, my parents are coming up to go to church with me and Nathan and going out to eat for his birthday afterward.

Speaking of margaritas earlier, Ed (Nate's friend from high school) and Kara (Ed's wife) came up on hung out with us on Saturday. It was great fun. We made margarita's (the original green ones) in my smoothie machine. They turned out awesome, which I wasn't expecting. I think I'll make them more often. When we get together with Ed and Kara we always play this card game called Hand and Foot. It is so much fun, however, every time we've played this game, me and Kara are partners and we haven't won yet! We've probably played about 6 times. It sucks, we need to get a win!!!

I gotta get back to my research...

No comments: