Saturday, December 10, 2005

Goodwill Formal

Last night, Nathan and I went to a Goodwill Formal in Novi, hosted by two of Nate's friends from class. This is a party where everyone goes to Goodwill or Salvation Army or some kind of value village store, and buys a formal outfit to wear to the party. Supposedly this type of theme party is sweeping the nation. I wore this really gaudy green sweater/pleather dress that was long-sleeved and went to my ankles. Nate thought I looked like Shelly Long when she was Diane in Cheers. I felt like a weirdo in this dress, but when I arrived at the party I quickly realized that I fit right in. It was such a strange feeling, like I was in some kind of time warp between the 50's and 80's. The music was also dated pre-90's. There was one thing they had at this party that is the same across all eras...food and alcohol! Needless to say, I had a great time and met a lot of new people. I will definitely post pictures when I get them developed.

One of the girls that lived at the apartment had a spotted/leopard gecko. It was so awesome! I found a picture on the internet of what it looked like...

She let me hold it for a long time. Its tiny little claws gripped onto my arm to hold on and walk around. He was so friendly and cute. I think I might need to host a Goodwill party of my own someday.

No comments: